The Segway® Personal Transporter (PT) is a self-balancing, electric transportation device that features redundant safety systems and is ideal for trips that are too far to walk and too short to drive. Its five micro-machined gyroscopes and two accelerometers sense the changing terrain and the rider's body position at 100 times per second – faster than your brain can think!
The Segway PT's InfoKey™ is a wireless device that controls the unit and provides real-time information on battery life, speed and system performance as well as arms the PT's built-in security feature. It docks on the PT's frame or can be carried with you. The PT's unique LeanSteer™ frame allows the rider to simply lean right or left and travel in that direction, while its zero turning radius allows for pivoting within a shoulder width footprint – a feature that literally no other solution can claim. The Segway PT is personal transportation designed to change the way you work, play and live.
Did you know that the Segway PT:
- Travels seamlessly both indoors and outdoors
- Weighs just 110 lbs. and is portable
- Reachs speeds of up to 12.5 mph/20kph
- Is 11x more efficient than the average American car
- Delivers energy efficiency equivalent to 450 miles per gallon for just 10¢ per kWh
- Plugs into a standard outlet to be fully charged or just topped off